Simple Slow Cooker Soup
- 1 tbsp. EVOO
- ½ onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 C red, brown or french green lentils, pre-soaked for up to 8 hours and then rinsed.
- 6 C water
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 C green beans cut into 1” pieces
- 1 C potatoes chopped – purple or red are prettiest!
- 1 C thickly sliced mushrooms
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 2 C Bone Broth
- 1 C Diced Tomatoes
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (or ¼ teaspoon ground)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley or spinach
- Toss all ingredients into your slow cooker and cook for 7-9 hours.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley or spinach.