Zucchini Noodles with Pesto
Turn your zucchini into noodles and toss with fresh basil pesto. An incredibly fresh and healthy meal in minutes!
- 4 small zucchini, ends trimmed – yellow or green or use them both!
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Celtic salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cherry or grape tomatoes, optional
- Use a Paderno Spiral Veggie Slicer to turn the zucchini into long strands of pasta.
- Combine the basil and garlic in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula. Add the lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Pulse until blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine the zucchini noodles and pesto. Toss until zucchini noodles are well coated. Top with tomatoes, if using. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
*You can also saute the noodles for 2-3 minutes in olive oil and chopped garlic to heat and soften – but don’t overcook or the noodles will become watery and soggy.