Mmm Mmm Good – DofH Tomato Soup
- 2 carrots
- 2 sticks celery
- 2 medium onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- 4 Cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 ¾ Cups canned tomatoes
- 3 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 small bunch fresh basil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Peel and roughly slice the carrots.
- Slice the celery.
- Peel and roughly chop the onions.
- Peel and slice the garlic.
- Put a large pan on a medium heat and add a two tbsp. of olive oil.
- Add all your chopped and sliced ingredients and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Cook for around 10 to 15 minutes partially covered until the carrots have softened and the onion is lightly golden.
- Add stock, canned and fresh tomatoes to the pan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes covered.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Season with salt and pepper and add the basil leaves.
- Using a hand blender or liquidizer, pulse the soup until smooth.
*This soup will keep for up to one week in the refrigerator.