- 2 Cups bone broth
- 1 Cups red lentils (rinsed and picked over)
- 1 White or yellow onion, finely chopped
- 6 Cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 Hot pepper (jalepeno or other) finely diced
- 1 Golf ball sized piece of fresh ginger, finely minced
- Spices – 1 tsp. ea. of Turmeric; Curry; Cumin
- Olive oil (on hand)
- Filtered water (on hand)
- Sautee onions, garlic and ginger in 2-3 tbsp. olive oil until fragrant
- Add red lentils and bone broth and bring to a boil then simmer for 20-30 min. or until lentils are soft
- Add tomato, hot pepper and 2 cups water and return to a boil – then reduce heat and simmer once again for an additional 20-30 min.
- While simmering, add in 1 tsp. of each spice (Turmeric; Curry; Cumin)
- Once the consistency is similar to that of porridge your dal is done!
Serve alone or over a bed of organic brown rice and enjoy!
*If you have leftover veggies such as mushrooms, zucchini or greens feel free to add them to your dal.