- 1 Cup raw almonds
- Water to cover the almonds for soaking
- 3 Cups additional water for blending after soaking
- 1 Tbsp. organic maple syrup or local honey
- 1 Pinch celtic sea salt
- Place almonds in a bowl and pour in enough water to cover
- Leave almonds to soak for at least 12 hours
- Drain soaked almonds
- In a blender or Vitamix combine the drained, soaked almonds with three cups of water
- Blend on high for 60 seconds
- Pour the mixture through a cheesecloth or nut bag into a bowl
- Discard the remaining pulp or dry and use the meal in other recipes
- Return milk to a clean blender; add sweetener and salt. Blend milk until smooth.
Almond milk will keep for up to 7 days depending on how efficient your refrigerator is.
You can also flavor your almond milk with anti-inflammatory spices like cinnamon and turmeric for added benefits as well!