I just finished eating my locally grown dandelion salad. And when I say locally grown I mean it! The dandelion leaves came right out of my own yard...
If you have the luxury of dandelion weeds that grow wild - untouched by pesticides or other chemical fertilizers - then by all means pick them and enjoy!
Here is how I prepared my salad:
- 2 Cups Wild Dandelion Leaves
- 1/2 Avocado Cut Into Cubes
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes - Halved
- EVOO/Apple Cider Vinegar (With the Mother)/Salt/Pepper - to taste
- Small Handful of Grano Padano Cheese
Toss altogether and enjoy - dandelion greens are a natural liver detoxifier.