Although I am not a chef but I do LOVE to cook and find new recipes to help my clients stay on track and keep their families on track with their nutrition. Recently, I came across a recipe for Chicken Nuggets on the Whole New Mom Webpage and decided to experiment with it myself.
After a few changes to the ingredients (including making it Gluten FREE) the results were delicious!
DofH Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets – Better Than ANY Fast Food Version on Earth!
• 1 ½ lbs chicken breast – cut into nugget sized pieces
• ½ cup almond flour
• ½ tsp celtic sea salt
• 1 heaping tsp garlic powder
• 1 heaping tsp paprika
• ¼ tsp cayenne (optional)
• ¼ tsp black pepper
• ¼ cup Coconut oil although I used Olive Oil infused with hot peppers from my garden
• Mix flour with seasonings
• Toss small chicken chunks in the seasoned flour
• Place the chicken chunks on a cookie sheet - I like mine with parchment paper for easy clean up.
• Dab each chunk with a pastry brush dipped in the coconut oil (in my case hot pepper infused olive oil)
• Bake in preheated oven (425 degrees) for 10-15 minutes. *The smaller your chunks the quicker the bake time.
Serve with organic ketchup or barbeque sauce and enjoy!
*Tip: The “breaded” chicken chunks can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refridgerator or frozen for future use.