Brownies made with the best ingredients and loaded with protein and healthy fat - YES PLEASE!!!
- 4 pasture raised eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 6 oz. organic dark chocolate – 70% or dark or darker
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp good sea salt
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 ripe organic avocados, mashed smooth*
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- Coconut oil for greasing brownie pan
- ½ cup raw organic chopped walnuts (optional)
- You will need an electric mixer or a whisk and some elbow grease!
- You will also need a large mixing bowl and a brownie pan liberally greased with coconut oil.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler
- Mix eggs and sugar until light and bubbly
- Slowly and completely mix melted chocolate into egg/sugar mixture until smooth
- Add in cacao powder, almond meal, salt and vanilla extract – use a rubber spatula to incorporate ingredients from the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add avocados being sure that your brownie mix is now completely smooth and free of any lumps.
- If using walnuts mix them in by hand using a rubber spatula
- Pour brownie mix into brownie pan and bake for approx. 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the middle of the pan comes out clean.
Cool, cut into squares and enjoy!
*To sweeten your brownies a bit more substitute one ripened banana in lieu of one avocado