Bone Broth - For Immunity & Healing!
- Carcass of 1 organic roasted chicken (see Hubby’s Favorite Friday Night Chicken for Roasted Chicken Recipe) or frozen organic chicken bones (butcher’s freezer section). You can also use beef bones from a reliable grass fed source.
- Coarse ground Celtic sea salt
- 4 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar (with "The Mother")
- 8-12 Cups Water
- 4 stalks of celery
- 1 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1-2 carrots thinly sliced
- Fresh chopped parsley or cilantro
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Bring carcass or bones, apple cider vinegar, celery, garlic, ginger, and lemon to a boil with 8-12 cups of water in a large pasta pot – then simmer for 24 hours creating a delicious and nutrient dense bone broth
- Strain stock liquid
- Add thinly sliced carrots, parsley or cilantro
- Simmer for additional 10 minutes or until carrots soften
- Flavor with salt & pepper to taste
- Add organic red pepper flakes for an extra kick!