Good morning DofH Blog fans!
I was pondering what to write for this morning’s blog entry as I went through the motions of my morning routine and, I decided it would be a good idea to share with you three simple things I do each morning to get a “leg up” on the day.
#1 Tongue Cleaner – This is one I have been doing consistently each day for several months. Although my husband laughs when I say this, the tongue cleaner has changed my life!
The tongue cleaner, is an inexpensive yet transformative utensil. It consists of a blunted edge that removes plaque and build-up from the surface of the tongue. Derived from the Ayurvedic tradition, use of a tongue cleaner is said to help people express themselves more thoughtfully and speak more sincerely and authoritatively. Benefits of daily usage of a tongue cleaner include:
• Fight cavities by removing bacteria from the mouth
• Prevents bad breath (especially for people who eat a lot of dairy and build up mucus in the mouth, nose and throat)
• Reduces food cravings by cleaning the tongue of leftover food
• Reverses the process of desensitizing your taste buds and allows you to taste more subtle flavors in food.
• Enhances kissing because it makes the tongue more sweet, fresh and sensitive.
#2 Hot Water with Lemon
Drink 1-2 cups each morning and enjoy the following benefits:
• Better Digestion – Increase elimination of waste from the body, reduce constipation and diarrhea, cleanse your digestive tract and help food to digest properly.
• Weight Loss –Increased elimination coupled with the flushing out of toxins kick start the weight loss process.
• Creating Beautiful Skin -The vitamin C contained in the lemon rejuvenates the skin from within your body.
• Energizing Your Body – Lemon is one of the few foods that contain more negative charged ions, providing your body with more energy when it enters the digestive tract.
• Overcoming Nausea or Morning Sickness – According to “Managing Morning Sickness” by Miriam Erick, lemons are therapeutic for pregnant women. Not only do they help with the nausea that comes with being pregnant, but they provide antioxidants and nutrients as well.
According to Deepak Chopra, “The daily practice of meditation has proven to provide greater levels of intuition and creativity, relief from stress and anxiety, a more restful sleep, an increasing inner calm, and innumerable health benefits.”
Yesterday I started a 21-Day Meditation Challenge provided by The Chopra Center. (http://www.chopracentermeditation.com/Bestsellers/LandingPage.aspx?BookId=169)
This is a FREE DAILY GUIDED MEDITATION you can do while sitting at your desk with a set of headphones at your computer.
What does your “morning routine” consist of? How do you give yourself the gift of health each day? Are you interested in “adding in” some or all of the above?
Have a wonderful week…